Looking for the perfect holiday gift? We are getting in the festive spirit by sharing our own urology approved gift guide this season. Here you will find ideas to make everybody happy on your list!
- The Perfect Water Bottle. It is recommended that we drink eight glasses of 8 ounces of water a day, which equates to about 2 Liters total, but sometimes getting it all in is harder than it should be. Proper hydration is definitely a pillar of good urological health because we need our fluids to help everything from our kidneys to our urinary tract and more function properly. Perhaps what we need to meet our daily hydration goals is a little motivation in the form of a really great water bottle to meet all of our busy, on the go needs. There are so many great versions on the market to choose from to help ensure you are staying hydrated all year round. We prefer a sleeker shape because it makes it easier to carry with you than some of it’s more bulky competitors.
- Kegel Weights. Improved pelvic floor health is always a great urologic goal for the associated benefits such as better bladder control and an improved sex life. One great gift to help strengthen the pelvic floor in both men and women could be a set of Kegel Weights. From silicone to rose quartz, kegel weights come in countless finishes to choose from to help strengthen your pelvic floor and increase your overall health. Regardless of your preferred brand and finish, most kegel weights come in a variety of sizes to encourage a beginning to advanced practice. Though instruction manuals are often included, we always recommend talking with your health care provider about proper and best use practices.
- Exercise mat to promote wellness and mindfulness. Jon Kabat-Zinn, a mindfulness teacher suggests that “though we may long for wholeness, the truth is that it is already here and already ours.”The practice of mindfulness holds the possibility of not just a fleeting sense of contentment, but a true embracing of a deeper unity that envelops and permeates our lives; a wellness goal we can get behind for the New Year. One great resource for reducing stress and encouraging a moment to take for ourselves whether for movement or meditation is a fabulous new exercise or yoga mat that can help get you grounded and focused moving forward in 2019.
- A health tracking device like a Fitbit or Apple Watch that helps to keep a record of your steps, sleeptime, tinkles, and fluid intake and output throughout the day.
- Gorgeous calendar/day planner, preferably with pockets so you can store any loose papers like receipts or even your voiding diary with you discreetly and easily. While we know that so much of our planning and schedules can be managed with an electronic version, there’s still something special about putting plans down on paper. Studies have shown there is power in handwriting because it helps us to retrain our brains to remember more of our goals and act on our intentions.
- Headphones for your New Years workout resolutions. With technology ever evolving every year, headphones are a great gift for people on the go. Whether you prefer running, lifting weights, or a mix of everything in between to keep fit, there’s an option out there for everyone to meet your unique and specific wishes. We also love headphones for listening to a great audio book or informative podcast, sometimes while working out to achieve two goals at once!
- UFM Brand Underwear. Our family, friends and patients rave over this incredible underwear for men saying it is the best pair they have ever owned. With UFM’s unique features, it’s easy to imagine why: created out of a cooling fabric that wicks away sweat and prevents chafing, there is also an innovative pouch made out of mesh to isolate and support your manhood.
- A really good personal lubrication. A prettily packaged bottle of personal lubrication would make a fantastic stocking stuffer for anyone you are gifting this year. It’s no secret that wetter down there is better during intimacy but the truth is that being properly lubricated can help to eliminate any pain or discomfort you may feel during sex.
- Dressing room gown and sticky feet socks to take with you to all of your wellness visits and doctor’s appointments throughout the year. Forget that awkward hospital or exam room gown with it’s flimsy fabric and hard to reach ties. Go for a beautiful, transportable robe that you can pop on quickly and easily in a material that adds a little feeling of home to your doctor’s office. And while your at it, throw in a cute pair of sticky feet socks so you can have an extra added level of comfort regardless of any uncomfortable setting you may find yourself in.
- A scheduled annual doctor’s appointment. Give yourself the gift of health by making sure you are tending to all of your healthcare needs. A great way to do this is to take some time in a quiet spot with your favorite beverage and make a list of all of your needed health visits before the New Year. Go ahead and do yourself a favor and call to schedule your appointments in advance. By being proactive with our health, we can show ourselves some love and go into the New Year confident and prepared to make taking care of ourselves a priority.
Have you done all of your shopping and scheduling yet? We hope at least this can help inspire some great gift-giving idease. Wishing you all a very healthy and happy holiday! Schedule your annual visit with us today and we will look forward to seeing you in the New Year!